Our teachers will provide a balance of free choice, small group, large group, and outdoor playtimes in all our classes. Children will experience a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage learning through play as well as structured activities led by the teachers.
While in our care, we strive to keep each child physically and emotionally safe. Close supervision is one of our staff's highest priorities. The teachers' nurturing qualities create the safety needed for children to be free to explore, play, and learn.
Our staff is committed to ensuring each child engages in age-appropriate, hands-on activities that help them move forward in their development. We aim to develop the whole child and to provide opportunities for each one to grow to their full potential in emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual areas. Our mission is to prepare each child to enter Kindergarten with the confidence and skills needed to excel.
PCC Preschool admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. Children must be fully potty trained to attend school.
Below are some of the essential skills learned at PCC Pre-K that help children be prepared.
1) Saying the alphabet.
2) Counting from 1 to 10.
3) Teaching fine motor skills like holding a pencil and using scissors.
4) Reinforcing self-care habits, for example, a child putting on his/her own jacket.
5) Teaching appropriate ways of using words to express needs and wants.
6) Teaching and encouraging how to have healthy interactions with other children.
7) Developing coordination, balance, and confidence with his/her body.