Find out about our school mission, our methods and our commitment to families
Whether your child is in the Preschool Class, the Pre-K Class or the Mixed-Age Class our teachers will provide a balance of free choice, small group, large group and outdoor play times. Children will experience a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage learning through play as well as structured activities led by the teachers.
While in our care, we strive to keep each child physically and emotionally safe. Close supervision is one of our staff's highest priorities. The nurturing qualities of the teachers create the safety needed for children to be free to explore, play and learn.
Our staff is committed to ensuring that each child engages in age-appropriate, hands-on activities that help them move forward in their development. We aim to develop the whole child and to provide opportunities for each one to grow to their full potential in emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual areas. Our mission is to prepare each child to enter Kindergarten with the confidence and skills needed to excel.
Our program goals
- Social: to help children develop respectful relationships with others by encouraging language skills and modeling/practicing problem solving.
- Emotional: to help children recognize their feelings and desires and to encourage them to express themselves in socially appropriate ways. These are the beginning steps to building empathy for others.
- Intellectual: to expose children to the cognitive skills needed to be successful in Kindergarten. Children will use "Handwriting Without Tears" materials as part of our curriculum for letter writing, number writing and letter and sound recognition.
- Physical: to help children strengthen their large and small motor skills through a variety of activities. Children are encouraged to do the things they are capable of doing by participating in “self-help” skills.
- Spiritual: to expose children to God’s unconditional love and to simple Biblical Truths through activities, songs, books and Bible stories.
PCC Preschool, a Redwood City Preschool, admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. Children must be fully potty trained to attend school.